We opened the back door and after 25 minutes of chasing it around the kitchen, living room, and dining room trying to get it to go outside, we got it cornered. As we were about to trap it in a small box, it escaped again and neither of us saw where it went.
We thoroughly inspected all the rooms and saw no trace of the bunny and therefore assumed it had escaped outside.
Later in the evening, while I was making sure the doors were locked, I came across our little friend....two feet from the spot where we lost it. In our defense, we have a dark tile floor and the room was dimly lit, plus the bunny was very small and dark brown in color. So you can understand how we could have overlooked it, right?.....can't ya?
This time with blockades set up and broom sticks in hand, we managed to guide the little squirt out the front door.
Then I sent our cat outside to finish him off.
Just kidding.
Anyway, at some point during this whole affair, it struck me how calm the bunny looked although I'm sure it was quite terrorfied. I was inspired to create this awesome masterpiece...I think I spent more time writing this blurb than I did on the illustration.

No comments:
Post a Comment